Friday, October 20, 2017

Tuesday October 17, 2017

Hello,
I now have all families on the See Saw app. Please see information sent home on Thursday on how to use and sign in with the QR code for your child. I will use this app to share pictures of the kids and their work so you can see some of the things they do in the classroom. This is new for me so I'm just getting the hang of it. LKS is promoting less paper in the classroom and this is a way to share the kid's learning with you.

I also have started spelling words. They have a workbook that will stay at school and they will also do activities with the words during their word work time. I have put the words on a website called Spelling City and if you google that, my lists are under MrsOlsonsgradeones. We have done the first list (lesson 6) and I will open up lesson 7. This site allows the kids to do activities and play games with the words on line. They can access all the free ones. There will not be spelling tests each week, as this has been proven to not enhance their spelling ability. We will do word work in class where the kids manipulate the words make words, play games with the words and write the words.

Thanks to the parents who helped out with the Scientist on Tuesday. It was a great morning for the kids doing some fun chemistry experiments.

Next Tuesday is pyjama day. An incentive for Terry Fox money raised. Thanks

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment